Sunday, May 13, 2007

Trip to the National Bison Range

On Saturday, we took a trip out to the National Bison Range, between Moiese and St. Ignatius. I was covering a story there and figured it would be a great opportunity to take Bek and the children for a family outing, afterward. The range had a 19 mile loop of ascending and descending road that wound through the hills and eventually came back to the visitor's center. Along that whole drive we only saw three or four bison, out of a herd of 300-350. Finally, near the end of the loop, we came across a group that must have contained the vast majority of the herd. Here are some pictures:






At the visitor's center, with a stack of elk horns behind me. Moriah has her usual "I'm too cute for pictures" look. I must have been rolling my eyes. Josiah went off exploring, as usual.

2 comments:

cokelady said...

Neat shots. LOVIN' the mountains in the background. And trying real hard not to let a root of envy get embedded in my heart...

Momma Tammi said...

Great pictures. Those huge, shaggy beasts just amaze me how they can stand on such spindly little legs.